Creating a watch zone on your device allows you to be notified of incidents and warnings in a particular area of your choice. This can be a variety of incidents, such as fire, floods, severe weather, gas leaks and air quality.
Creating a watch zone on your device allows you to be notified of incidents and warnings in a particular area of your choice.
- On the home screen, select “Create a watch zone”
- On the next screen, you can then type the address or suburb into the search box at the top and select the location from the suggestion list that drops down
- Next adjust the watch zone radius by selecting the plus or minus buttons
- If you’re happy with the area that the blue circle covers on the map, select next
- Choose a name for your watch zone and type it into the text box
- If you want to modify your alert settings, then scroll down to the “Incidents” section, select the arrows and choose what you want to receive notifications for
- Once you’re happy with your settings, just select the “Save” button
- You will then see a pop-up that says “Your watch zone has been created”
- If you want to pause your alerts for a particular watch zone, you can switch them on or off on the home screen
Please click here to watch a video tutorial on how to create a watch zone.
- You can create up to 20 watch zones
- If an address doesn’t work, please use the closest town or major road
- The maximum watch zone size is 100km and the minimum is 0.5km
- In rural areas, watch zones should be no smaller than 10km
- In urban areas, smaller watch zones from 0.5 to 1km are more suitable